YOUR ADVENTURE STARTS HERE
Welcome to the official online travel site for Decatur and Morgan County, Alabama. We’ve provided information of our area right at your fingertips including attractions, events, dining, lodging and recreation for your trip planning. Whether you’re here for business or family fun, you’ll feel right at home.
Expect your trip to Decatur to be full of surprises. There’s almost always something exciting to do here. From a world famous hot air balloon festival, to Mardi Gras celebrations. But, to help you prepare, here’s everything happening.
Events in the next 30 days
- May 29, 2020 Girls Open Cup (Canceled)
- May 29, 2020 Boys Open Cup (Canceled)
- May 30, 2020 Southern Obstacle Challenge Horse Show
- Jun 04, 2020 Mid-South Spring Premiere
- Jun 12, 2020 Alabama Bass Trail Divisional
- Jun 13, 2020 Wet Dog Triathlon (Canceled)
- Jun 13, 2020 Little Britches Rodeo Clinic
- Jun 19, 2020 3rd Friday Downtown
- May 19, 2020 Francine Tint: Radical Acts of Seeing
- May 27, 2020 Carnegie Yoga
Get lost in Decatur’s dynamic geography. Whether you want to kayak, hike, or fish, our Scenic River Trail will satisfy. Bring the boat for riding and fishing on the Tennessee River. Or take the kids to the Adventure Park for a full day of family fun.
The South has always been known for it’s down-home cooking, but here, we’re known for some of the best. Some of the world’s best. Whether it’s Big Bob Gibson’s smoked barbecue with white sauce or Simp McGhee’s cajun creations — you better bring your appetite!
Take it easy and extend your visit to Morgan County by staying in one of our 2,000+ beds or camp at one of our scenic RV parks.
Plan your visit with itineraries. When you see the icon above, you can add the page to your itinerary for reference later. Itineraries are a great way to keep track of everything you see that interests you.
Stay up-to-date with all Decatur and Morgan County have to offer.