YOUR ADVENTURE STARTS HERE
Welcome to the official online travel site for Decatur and Morgan County, Alabama. We’ve provided information of our area right at your fingertips including attractions, events, dining, lodging and recreation for your trip planning. Whether you’re here for business or family fun, you’ll feel right at home.
Our hoteliers are working around the clock to ensure the safety of their staff and guests! Click here for more information about their individual COVID-19 Hotel Initiatives and Guidelines.
We are excited to launch our new Job Board!
Bringing Together Employers & Job Seeker sin the Restaurant & Hospitality Industry
Now Hiring Cards
Now Hiring List
Expect your trip to Decatur to be full of surprises. There’s almost always something exciting to do here. From a world famous hot air balloon festival, to Mardi Gras celebrations. But, to help you prepare, here’s everything happening.
Events in the next 30 days
- Jan 27, 2022 Todd Snider: Return of the Storyteller Tour
- Jan 27, 2022 Abstract Roses
- Jan 27, 2022 Sip 'n Paint
- Jan 28, 2022 Kathy Mattea and Suzy Bogguss
- Jan 29, 2022 Color Crazy! Nature’s Nanoparticles Science on the Spot
- Jan 29, 2022 Crank4Bank Bass Tournament Presented by OGS Tournaments LLC
- Jan 29, 2022 1st Annual HHS Softball Chili Cook-Off, Silent Auction & Cornhole Tournament
- Jan 30, 2022 Film: Mayberry Man
- Feb 01, 2022 Daniel Donato's Cosmic Country
- Feb 01, 2022 Shawn Colvin: Steady On Acoustic 32nd Anniversary Tour
- Feb 02, 2022 Waterfowl Tour
- Feb 02, 2022 Cookie Decorating Class
- Feb 03, 2022 Spirit Night at the Railyard-Addie Lu Nails for Carnegie Princess
- Feb 04, 2022 ZUZU Acrobats
- Feb 05, 2022 MOTO X
- Feb 05, 2022 Water on the Move Science on the Spot
- Feb 05, 2022 Comedian - Ginger Billy
- Feb 04, 2022 Roses, Romance, and Chocolates
- Feb 07, 2022 Herpetologist for a Day
- Feb 08, 2022 Shawn Colvin Steady on 32nd Anniversary Tour
- Feb 10, 2022 Emisunshine and Aaron Raitiere
- Feb 12, 2022 Tommy Howell
- Feb 14, 2022 Herpetologist for a Day
- Feb 16, 2022 Waterfowl Tour
- Feb 17, 2022 Old Decatur Crime Tour with John Allison for Carnegie King
- Feb 21, 2022 Herpetologist for a Day
- Feb 26, 2022 CASA/Carnegie Carnival Prince and Princess Events and Parade
Get lost in Decatur’s dynamic geography. Whether you want to kayak, hike, or fish, the Alabama Scenic River Trail will satisfy. Bring the boat for riding and fishing on the Tennessee River.
The South has always been known for it’s down-home cooking, but here, we’re known for some of the best. Some of the world’s best. Whether it’s Big Bob Gibson’s smoked barbecue with white sauce or Simp McGhee’s cajun creations — you better bring your appetite!
Take it easy and extend your visit to Morgan County by staying in one of our 2,000+ beds or camp at one of our scenic RV parks.
Plan your visit with itineraries. When you see the icon above, you can add the page to your itinerary for reference later. Itineraries are a great way to keep track of everything you see that interests you.