YOUR ADVENTURE STARTS HERE
Welcome to the official online travel site for Decatur and Morgan County, Alabama. We’ve provided information of our area right at your fingertips including attractions, events, dining, lodging and recreation for your trip planning. Whether you’re here for business or family fun, you’ll feel right at home.
Our hoteliers are working around the clock to ensure the safety of their staff and guests! Click here for more information about their individual COVID-19 Hotel Initiatives and Guidelines.
Expect your trip to Decatur to be full of surprises. There’s almost always something exciting to do here. From a world famous hot air balloon festival, to Mardi Gras celebrations. But, to help you prepare, here’s everything happening.
Events in the next 30 days
- Oct 24, 2020 Hocus Pocus
- Oct 23, 2020 Alabama Jubilee Walking Horse Show
- Oct 25, 2020 Ghostbusters
- Oct 27, 2020 Homeschool Classes
- Oct 29, 2020 Chris Knight and Chris Canterbury
- Oct 30, 2020 Scream
- Oct 31, 2020 Hotel Transylvania
- Oct 31, 2020 Halloween (1978)
- Oct 30, 2020 Vintage Market Days
- Nov 02, 2020 Coco
- Nov 03, 2020 Community Classes
- Nov 04, 2020 “Ologies” After-School Program: Aerology
- Nov 06, 2020 Eric Gales Support by 5ive O'Clock Charlie & An Abstract Theory
- Nov 07, 2020 Family Workshop: Pinecone Birdfeeder
- Nov 07, 2020 Webster's Karate Extravaganza
- Nov 04, 2020 Cotton Cluster Dog Show
- Nov 06, 2020 SSAC Cross Country
- Nov 06, 2020 Super Cup
- Nov 06, 2020 Alabama B.A.S.S. National HS Regional Qualifier
- Nov 10, 2020 Homeschool Classes
- Nov 12, 2020 Homeschool Classes
- Nov 12, 2020 Remy Neal & Cristina Lynn: 3-GIS Singer Songwriter Series
- Oct 13, 2020 Trace Barnett Exhibit
- Nov 12, 2020 Downtown Decatur Christmas Open House
- Nov 13, 2020 USSSA Softball
- Nov 14, 2020 Little Britches Rodeo
- Nov 17, 2020 Community Classes
- Nov 17, 2020 Morgan County Farm Field Day
- Nov 20, 2020 Steel Magnolias
- Nov 20, 2020 Alabama Palomino Association Horse Show
- Nov 20, 2020 Junior Cup
- Nov 22, 2020 Christmas in Connecticut
- Nov 21, 2020 American Bass Anglers Athens Team Championship
Get lost in Decatur’s dynamic geography. Whether you want to kayak, hike, or fish, the Alabama Scenic River Trail will satisfy. Bring the boat for riding and fishing on the Tennessee River.
The South has always been known for it’s down-home cooking, but here, we’re known for some of the best. Some of the world’s best. Whether it’s Big Bob Gibson’s smoked barbecue with white sauce or Simp McGhee’s cajun creations — you better bring your appetite!
Take it easy and extend your visit to Morgan County by staying in one of our 2,000+ beds or camp at one of our scenic RV parks.
Plan your visit with itineraries. When you see the icon above, you can add the page to your itinerary for reference later. Itineraries are a great way to keep track of everything you see that interests you.
Stay up-to-date with all Decatur and Morgan County have to offer.