YOUR ADVENTURE STARTS HERE
Welcome to the official online travel site for Decatur and Morgan County, Alabama. We’ve provided information of our area right at your fingertips including attractions, events, dining, lodging and recreation for your trip planning. Whether you’re here for business or family fun, you’ll feel right at home.
Our hoteliers are working around the clock to ensure the safety of their staff and guests! Click here for more information about their individual COVID-19 Hotel Initiatives and Guidelines.
Expect your trip to Decatur to be full of surprises. There’s almost always something exciting to do here. From a world famous hot air balloon festival, to Mardi Gras celebrations. But, to help you prepare, here’s everything happening.
Events in the next 30 days
- Sep 24, 2020 Noontime Knowledge: Caves of North Alabama
- Sep 24, 2020 Aaron Raitiere - Singer Songwriter Series
- Sep 25, 2020 Silver Linings Playbook
- Sep 25, 2020 Racking Horse Fish Fry
- Sep 26, 2020 Crazy About Color Fun Day
- Sep 26, 2020 Mothers of Blues - DeiDra and Debbie Bond
- Sep 26, 2020 Chocolat
- Sep 18, 2020 Racking Horse World Celebration
- Sep 22, 2020 Tempest and Temperance
- Sep 27, 2020 The Goonies
- Oct 02, 2020 Arsenic and Old Lace
- Aug 25, 2020 Jamey Grimes Exhibit
- Sep 29, 2020 Fishers of Men District II Championship
- Oct 02, 2020 Jesse Owens XC
- Oct 04, 2020 100 Years at the Princess - Variety Show
- Oct 05, 2020 Creepy Crawly Single-Day Camp: A Study of Entomology
- Oct 06, 2020 Community Classes
- Oct 07, 2020 Ologies After-School Program
- Oct 08, 2020 3-GIS Singer Songwriter Series
- Oct 09, 2020 The Capitol Steps
- Oct 10, 2020 Family Workshop: Fall Cookie Decorating
- Oct 07, 2020 Alabama Charity Saddle Bred Championship Show
- Oct 10, 2020 ABA Bass Pro Shops Team Trail Championship
- Oct 13, 2020 Homeschool Classes
- Oct 14, 2020 Family Workshop: Fall Cookie Decorating
- Oct 15, 2020 DMCCOC Endless Opportunities Event
- Oct 16, 2020 Elite 50 Alabama
- Oct 20, 2020 Community Classes
- Oct 22, 2020 Community Classes
- Oct 23, 2020 Alabama Jubilee Walking Horse Show
Get lost in Decatur’s dynamic geography. Whether you want to kayak, hike, or fish, the Alabama Scenic River Trail will satisfy. Bring the boat for riding and fishing on the Tennessee River.
The South has always been known for it’s down-home cooking, but here, we’re known for some of the best. Some of the world’s best. Whether it’s Big Bob Gibson’s smoked barbecue with white sauce or Simp McGhee’s cajun creations — you better bring your appetite!
Take it easy and extend your visit to Morgan County by staying in one of our 2,000+ beds or camp at one of our scenic RV parks.
Plan your visit with itineraries. When you see the icon above, you can add the page to your itinerary for reference later. Itineraries are a great way to keep track of everything you see that interests you.
Stay up-to-date with all Decatur and Morgan County have to offer.