YOUR ADVENTURE STARTS HERE
Welcome to the official online travel site for Decatur and Morgan County, Alabama. We’ve provided information of our area right at your fingertips including attractions, events, dining, lodging and recreation for your trip planning. Whether you’re here for business or family fun, you’ll feel right at home.
Our hoteliers are working around the clock to ensure the safety of their staff and guests! Click here for more information about their individual COVID-19 Hotel Initiatives and Guidelines.
Expect your trip to Decatur to be full of surprises. There’s almost always something exciting to do here. From a world famous hot air balloon festival, to Mardi Gras celebrations. But, to help you prepare, here’s everything happening.
Events in the next 30 days
- Mar 03, 2021 Ologies After-School Program: Neurology (The study of the nervous system)
- Mar 05, 2021 Barrels of Love Collection Day
- Mar 05, 2021 Nucor - Casting for a Cure
- Mar 04, 2021 Bank Street Spectacular
- Mar 05, 2021 River City Shootout
- Mar 05, 2021 Snow White
- Mar 05, 2021 Chip Phillips
- Mar 10, 2021 Ologies After-School Program: Zoology (The study of animals)
- Mar 10, 2021 The Color Purple
- Mar 11, 2021 Carolina Story - Singer Songwriter Series
- Mar 12, 2021 Mac McAnally
- Mar 13, 2021 Downtown Decatur Pub Crawl
- Mar 11, 2021 Mississippi Bass Nation
- Mar 12, 2021 Calhoun Softball Tournament
- Mar 12, 2021 Spring Battle at the Jack
- Mar 17, 2021 Ologies After-School Program: Selenology (The study of the moon)
- Mar 15, 2021 Morgan County Soccer Tournament
- Mar 24, 2021 Ologies After-School Program: Volcanology (The study of volcanoes)
- Mar 25, 2021 Catmasters Classic
- Mar 26, 2021 Vintage Market Days of North Alabama
- Mar 29, 2021 Herpetologist for a Day
- Mar 31, 2021 Aquarist for a Day
Get lost in Decatur’s dynamic geography. Whether you want to kayak, hike, or fish, the Alabama Scenic River Trail will satisfy. Bring the boat for riding and fishing on the Tennessee River.
The South has always been known for it’s down-home cooking, but here, we’re known for some of the best. Some of the world’s best. Whether it’s Big Bob Gibson’s smoked barbecue with white sauce or Simp McGhee’s cajun creations — you better bring your appetite!
Take it easy and extend your visit to Morgan County by staying in one of our 2,000+ beds or camp at one of our scenic RV parks.
Plan your visit with itineraries. When you see the icon above, you can add the page to your itinerary for reference later. Itineraries are a great way to keep track of everything you see that interests you.
Stay up-to-date with all Decatur and Morgan County have to offer.