YOUR ADVENTURE STARTS HERE
Welcome to the official online travel site for Decatur and Morgan County, Alabama. We’ve provided information of our area right at your fingertips including attractions, events, dining, lodging and recreation for your trip planning. Whether you’re here for business or family fun, you’ll feel right at home.
Our hoteliers are working around the clock to ensure the safety of their staff and guests! Click here for more information about their individual COVID-19 Hotel Initiatives and Guidelines.
Expect your trip to Decatur to be full of surprises. There’s almost always something exciting to do here. From a world famous hot air balloon festival, to Mardi Gras celebrations. But, to help you prepare, here’s everything happening.
Events in the next 30 days
- Jul 07, 2020 #MoCoCares Virtual Event Series (Reeves Peach Farm)
- Jul 08, 2020 Back to the Future
- Jul 08, 2020 Cook Museum Exhibits Reopening
- Jul 09, 2020 Aaron Raitiere
- Jul 09, 2020 Aaron Raitiere- Singer Songwriter Series
- Jul 10, 2020 Racking Horse Fish Fry
- Jul 05, 2020 ABA Military Team Bass Tournament
- Jul 06, 2020 Virtual Camp Carnegie
- Jul 11, 2020 Animal House
- Jul 08, 2020 Racking Horse Celebration
- Jul 10, 2020 Turtle Fun Days at the Cook Museum
- Jul 12, 2020 Cross-Eyed Kitty Cuddles Adoption Event
- Jul 12, 2020 Field of Dreams
- Jul 13, 2020 Dracula (1931)
- Jul 15, 2020 Mamma Mia
- Jul 17, 2020 3rd Friday Downtown
- Jul 17, 2020 Vintage Market Days
- Jul 19, 2020 Kung Fu Panda
- Jul 19, 2020 Downton Abbey
- Jul 20, 2020 Frankenstein (1931)
- Jul 22, 2020 Nutty Professor
- Jul 24, 2020 Friday Night Lights
- Jul 25, 2020 Big Lebowski
- Jul 26, 2020 The Muppet Movie
- Jul 26, 2020 The Breakfast Club
- Jul 25, 2020 River City Rivalry Lacrosse
- Jul 27, 2020 Phantom of the Opera (1943)
- Jul 29, 2020 E.T.
- Jul 29, 2020 Happy Gilmore
- Jul 31, 2020 Bring it On
- Jul 31, 2020 Shaun of the Dead
- Aug 01, 2020 The Capitol Steps
- Jul 29, 2020 Toyota FLW Series Tournament
- Jul 31, 2020 Sparkman Monster Disc Golf Tournament
Get lost in Decatur’s dynamic geography. Whether you want to kayak, hike, or fish, our Scenic River Trail will satisfy. Bring the boat for riding and fishing on the Tennessee River. Or take the kids to the Adventure Park for a full day of family fun.
The South has always been known for it’s down-home cooking, but here, we’re known for some of the best. Some of the world’s best. Whether it’s Big Bob Gibson’s smoked barbecue with white sauce or Simp McGhee’s cajun creations — you better bring your appetite!
Take it easy and extend your visit to Morgan County by staying in one of our 2,000+ beds or camp at one of our scenic RV parks.
Plan your visit with itineraries. When you see the icon above, you can add the page to your itinerary for reference later. Itineraries are a great way to keep track of everything you see that interests you.
Stay up-to-date with all Decatur and Morgan County have to offer.